At Fieldglass, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of our software and many services. Customers using the Fieldglass application or other specialized applications developed or designed by Fieldglass will be notified of updates to this policy in the release notes to the application. For customers using the Fieldglass extranet or web sites, please check the site for changes from time to time.
We respect the privacy of our customers and are committed to treating customer information responsibly. Accordingly, we adhere to the following:
- We collect, retain, and use customer information for legitimate business purposes only. We limit the information we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage your needs, provide our services and comply with applicable law.
- We strive to maintain the accuracy of customer information.
- Our employees are responsible for protection of customer information. We have internal policies and programs designed to protect your information. It is the responsibility of each Fieldglass employee to comply with our privacy policies and procedures.
- We provide security safeguards to protect customer information. Multiple security layers including sensor and host based intrusion detection along with firewalls protects all customer data. All customer data that is taken off site uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and a digital signature.
- We limit the internal and external disclosure of customer information. Other than as set forth herein, Fieldglass does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information. To opt to not have your personal information shared as set forth herein, contact us at +(1) 312.279.8700; provided, however that to the extent you are a registered user of the Fieldglass application, your personal information is a requirement and removal of your personal information will result in termination of your user account (i.e., termination of your ability to use the Fieldglass application). We may share with our partners’ and customers’ non-personal, aggregate statistical information regarding you, your customers, your suppliers, sales, traffic patterns and site usage, but we do not share personally identifiable information with any third party.
II. The Information We Collect
We rely on many sources of information to help us understand and meet your needs. On occasion, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or to make additional products and services available to you. We carefully stipulate under these agreements that these companies may receive personal information about you, and that they must protect this information and may not use it for any other purpose other than in connection with our agreement. We may collect personal information about you including:
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties;
- Information we receive about you from applications and other forms, which we have collected by your using products or services obtained from us, one of our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties;
- Information about you as required or permitted by law;
- Your name and other contact details when you call us by phone, write to us or contact us using our website or establish a user account for the Fieldglass application;
- Information about you when you apply for a job or contract with us (for example, your name and contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks);
- Information we receive from our customers and other third parties. For example, we collect information relating to individuals' job applications from the entities who use the Fieldglass application (for example, companies and their consulting and recruitment agencies). The Fieldglass application is used by companies to manage their workforces. Companies may ask that their agencies also use the application so that these entities can exchange information relating to job candidates between one another. Fieldglass collects this personal information by virtue of hosting the application. The information Fieldglass collects may include sensitive information, such as personal data your employer has deemed relevant for employment-related or record keeping purposes,) where you provide that information to us or to the entities that use the Fieldglass application;
- Information about you if you are an individual who is, or who is employed by, one of our suppliers, contractors, related companies, agents and customers. For example, Fieldglass may collect the personal information of the employees or contractors of the entities who use its application.
III. Why Do We Collect Information?
Fieldglass collects the personal information it needs to provide services and information to its customers, for its business operations and to comply with the law. Depending on the circumstances, Fieldglass may also use personal information about you to:
- Accurately identify you;
- Protect and administer your records and accounts;
- Help us notify you of product enhancements and changes to products;
- Save you time when you apply for additional products and services;
- Comply with certain laws and regulations;
- Collect information about the usage of our services;
- Respond to your requests for information about our services;
- Assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services or information you require.
IV. How Do We Collect Your Information?
Fieldglass collects information related to you in several ways:
- Some personal information is gathered when you register. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience.
- In addition to the above, we may also ask you for personal information at other times, including (but not limited to) when you enroll in a program offered by one of our partners, when you alter your request for services (i.e., increase your annual spend) and when you report a problem with our software or one of our services. If you contact Fieldglass we may keep a record of that correspondence. Fieldglass may also occasionally ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
As noted above, we may also collect your information from third parties. For example, we collect information relating to individuals' job applications from entities that use the Fieldglass application.
V. How is the Collected Information Used?
- We also monitor usage to help us develop upgrades to the software and develop the design and layout of the website.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
- Fieldglass collects, stores and uses information from the users of its application (meaning the computer software programs), and the hosted environment (meaning a hardware/software system combination under the control of Fieldglass on which the Product, or any portion thereof, is run). Aggregated versions of this information (information that does not personally identify you) may be used in many ways. For example, we may combine information about your usage patterns, with similar information obtained from other users to help enhance the application or hosted environment and our services. Additionally, Fieldglass may keep track of this information and the information that you provide to us for our internal review, business development, research, marketing and promotional purposes, press inquiries or aggregate statistical analysis, customization, demographic patterns, and historical trends. Aggregate information may occasionally be shared with our business partners and customers, and this information does not include any personally identifiable information about you or allow anyone to identify you individually. As Fieldglass adopts additional technology we may also gather information through other means.
VI. Disclosing Personal Information
For the purposes described in this policy, we may disclose personal information:
- to any of our related companies;
- to our suppliers, contractors and service providers, professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- to government agencies or individuals appointed by a government responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints concerning use of our services;
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred or offered to be transferred;
- where you have otherwise consented; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
We disclose personal information to recipients outside of the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia. Such recipients are likely to be located in the jurisdictions in which we have corporate offices – for example, our main headquarters are located in the United States, with related companies located in the United Kingdom and Australia. We take reasonable steps to ensure the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information in accordance with applicable law.
VII. Information Security
We restrict access to personal information about you to those who need to have that information to provide products or services to you. If we use other companies to provide products or services to you, we require that they keep the information we share with them safe and secure. We have physical, logical and procedural safeguards in place that comply with legal requirements to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. We remind you, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information that you provide via the Fieldglass application.
VIII. Cookies and IP Address Tracking
Fieldglass' website may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity purposes or to otherwise administer the application. No personal information is obtained; rather the patterns of usage of visitors to the website may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical review of user site traffic patterns.
Fieldglass is a participant in the Safe Harbor programs developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce with the European Union and with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commission of Switzerland. Fieldglass has certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles with regard to our use of certain personal data. For more information about Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
X. Additional Provisions
Destruction of Personal Data. Fieldglass retains personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfil the stated purposes or as required by law or regulation. Thereafter, except in the event of a governmental audit, investigation, or pending litigation, records containing personal data are destroyed by either deleting them from electronic files (including back-up and archived files) or properly disposing (such as in a shredder or document destruction repository) hard copies and electronic media such as disks or backup tapes.
Access, Correction and Complaints Handling. You have a right to, and we will provide you with, access to most personal information that we have about you. We may deny your request in some circumstances. If we do this, we will tell you why.
When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
For access and correction inquiries and complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.
Further Information. If you would like further information about our privacy policies or practices please contact our Privacy Officer:
125 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
Last updated: September 2014