Statement of Work (SOW) Projects and Services
The use of Statement of Work (SOW) projects, consultants, independent contractors (ICs) and offshore or outsourced vendor programs has skyrocketed in the past few years. Our Vendor Management System (VMS) can help streamline your management of these oftentimes complicated engagements. Fieldglass Services help organizations streamline and automate essential processes such as vendor selection, onboarding/offboarding, time and deliverable tracking and invoicing.
Our experience with SOW management has also helped us identify common patterns of engagement across our customer base and are described below.
- Characterized by well-defined projects or functional areas
- Often named individuals
- Any combination of offsite (remote, near shore, offshore)
- Emphasis on deliverables
- Named individuals or a community of smaller suppliers
- Risk mitigation and compliance
- Multiple stakeholders engaging as-needed with vendor
- Schedules and deliverables
- Services as a catalog item
- Focused on repeatable deliverables
- Complete outsourcing of a category from planning to delivery