Put your known talent supply to work
With Fieldglass, you can strategically source the talent resources already in your network, such as retirees, alumni and interns, for open positions. Bring back a retiree as a temporary worker, or place a contractor in an open full-time position. For certain skill sets or labor categories, the demand is higher than the supply. Take advantage of known candidates to reduce recruitment time, shorten onboarding efforts and eliminate supplier markup fees.
Build a comprehensive talent repository
Fieldglass' talent pool functionality gives you a baseline view of your organization’s known talent resources and their associated skills and experiences. Simply tag one or more searchable keywords to each resource in your data pool. For instance, you might meet with a candidate that isn’t a fit for a database administration position, but could be a strong candidate for an IT project leader. Associate that person with the tag, “IT project management” and going forward the candidate will appear in those searches.
You can search the talent pool repository for candidates based on a job description or other criteria. The search result includes a “score” to help you identify how well the candidate matches the position’s qualifications. From there you can take several actions, such as inviting candidates to apply for the position. In reverse, you can also search to find job postings that match a specific talent resource or find resources with similar qualifications as an existing candidate.
Why you’ll love using Fieldglass for managing talent pools
- Easy access to valuable resources in your network
- Ability to share one hiring manager’s candidate pool with others, expanding everyone’s network
- Save money by eliminating supplier markups
- Create a ready pool for hard-to-fill or emergency positions
- Ability to post openings to job boards to fill your talent pool with outside resources
- Tagging to allow for keyword searching on candidates
- Google-esque searching on job titles and qualifications
- Pre-qualify niche positions or validate independent contractors in your pool