Project Managers – More Than Just Task Masters
There are more than 600,000 active Project Management Professional (PMP) certified individuals worldwide and the Project Management Institute (PMI) estimates that there are 16.5 million project managers (PMs) across the globe. Nearly every industry employs project managers to help lead and direct teams performing a wide range of tasks, leveraging many different project management methodologies.
Vendor Management System (VMS) project managers play a critical role in implementing, augmenting and expanding your VMS to improve your flexible workforce management and services procurement program. There are some PMs that are simply task masters. They perform a defined list of duties and that’s where their role stops. And while these tasks are important to ensure projects stay on time and within a budget, there’s so much more a good VMS PM can offer.
SAP Fieldglass PMs work directly with our customers on both an operational and strategic level. While their list of responsibilities is long and ever-changing, a few examples include:
- Providing day-to-day management in the delivery and deployment of the SAP Fieldglass application and related services to clients
- Ensure the evolution of the service delivery methodology to ensure customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
- Confirming project scope with customers and partners
- Scheduling and lead key project routines such as meetings, status reporting, issues management and mitigation, etc.
- Ensuring methodology is employed for each project
- Owning quality of implementation
- Properly executing transitions at the time of implementation conclusion.
- Representing Fieldglass as an application subject matter expert.
- Providing sound consultation to customers and partners on how to use the SAP Fieldglass application as part of their larger contingent workforce management program.
Leveraging your SAP Fieldglass project manager and support team will help maximize the effectiveness of your external workforce and services procurement programs. SAP Fieldglass PMs are more than just timekeepers and task masters. They add value to your programs. They look ahead by dissecting data to determine why things happen, and more importantly, what will happen in the future. Helping you forecast organizational and industry changes will improve your program’s ongoing success. And let’s be honest, bringing this critical information to your company’s executives will help you be seen as a thought leader.
SAP Fieldglass PMs offer both experience and a proven methodology to ensure the most complex projects are completed on time, within budget and most importantly, meet your program goals.
Learn more about SAP Fieldglass Professional Services and how our team can deliver value to your organization.